Friday, September 25, 2009

Global Gathering

Though I am now in Korea and no longer seeing live shows every week as I was at home, I had the fortunate pleasure of attending Global Gathering (a traveling, international electronic festival) last weekend.

I saw a few hilarious K-POP grounds (G-Dragon and 2ne1), MSTRKRFT, Royksopp and Underworld. Having seen MSTRKRFT, I was so excited for their performance but I will admit, I think they fell a little short. The last time I saw them was last November in Houston and they really brought it. Maybe it was because it started at 2am, but I felt they were slacking a bit. Royksopp was incredible - the girl singer has the most mesmerizingly beautiful voice. Underworld was a non-stop dance party. Probably the best of the night

Royksopp - Tricky Tricky (Remix)
Underworld - Mechanical Breakdown Improv
MSTRKRFT - Heartbreaker

UNDERWORLD
_MG_1475 copy

ROYKSOPP
_MG_1432 copy2

MSTRKRFT
_MG_1482 copy

No comments:

Post a Comment